The FoodAI API service for the Trial version is strictly for personal use only and can be accessed under the following conditions:
- Applicants must confirm that under no circumstances the API will be used for other than the purposes as per indicated on the online application.
- API access will only be made available upon receipt of the duly completed submission and subject to LARC internal approval process.
- Successful applicants will receive the API key and relevant instructions for API access within 5 working days.
- Upon expiry of the API access period, you are required to submit a new updated application if there is a need to extend the access period for your work.
- API users are not permitted to share the API keys to others and/or enable any third party access to the API service. Anyone wanting to use the API must submit the online application request separately.
- Access to the API service will only be granted on an individual basis. Each person working on a same project and/or application using the API has to submit the online application request separately.
- API users are requested to provide acknowledgment for all written papers using the FoodAI API service. The acknowledgment statement should be written as
The FoodAI Image Recognition research from the Living Analytics Research Centre (LARC) is supported by the National Research Foundation, Singapore under its International Research Centres in Singapore Funding Initiative. Any
opinions, findings and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not reflect the views of National Research Foundation, Singapore.
- API users are also requested to permit the inclusion of their respective organization logo on the FoodAI website https://www.foodai.org/.
D. Support & Limitation
- API users subscribed to the Trial version will receive limited access period, API calls quota and level of support. Full version users will receive negotiable access period, API calls quota and level of support from the FoodAI team.
The comparison between the Trial and Full versions can be found on our webpage https://foodai.org/version.
- LARC/SMU reserves the rights to terminate API access for the trial version without any prior notice and/or providing any reasons.
E. Liability & Compliance
- LARC/SMU will not be liable for any losses, claims or damages which may arise in the course of using the API service.
- In case of doubt whether or not the API have been used for other than the purposes as per indicated on the application form, LARC/SMU will decide whether to revoke the API access permission and pursue legal action.
- In using the API service, LARC/SMU may collect data solely for research purposes and will not disclose these data to any other parties.
- In using the API service, applicants agree to comply with the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act ("PDPA") and to comply any directions that LARC/SMU may provide regarding the use of the data to ensure compliance with the PDPA.
F. Personal Data Consent Clause
By submitting this Form, you hereby agree to the collection, use
and disclosure of your personal data by Singapore Management
University (“SMU”), for your application to FoodAI API
Service (“Purpose”). Your personal data will be
used for the Purpose, including where necessary or applicable,
the disclosure of your personal data to partners or to
affiliates of SMU, as the case may be for the Purpose. In this
regard, you confirm that the personal data you have provided is
complete and accurate.
SMU respects the privacy of individuals and recognizes the
importance of the personal data you have entrusted with us and
believe that it is our responsibility to properly manage,
protect, process, use and disclose your personal data. We will
collect, use, disclose and protect your personal data in
accordance with Singapore’s Personal Data Protection Act 2012
(“PDPA”), the European Union’s General Data Protection
Regulation (“GDPR”) or the United Kingdom’s Data Protection Act
(“DPA”), as the case may be. If you are located in Singapore,
, to find out about your rights under the PDPA. However, if you
are located in one of the countries in the European Union or
European Economic Area, or in the United Kingdom
click here , to find out about your rights under the
GDPR or DPA, as the case may be.
You may withdraw your consent for the collection, use and
disclosure of your personal data for the Purpose, at any point
in time, by sending your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. However,
please note that this may affect our administration of the
Purpose to you. Your withdrawal will be effective within thirty
(30) days of such a request.
Updated 23 August 2021